WEGO (Web Gene Ontology Annotation Plot) is a simple but useful tool for visualizing, comparing and plotting GO (Gene Ontology) annotation results. As the GO vocabulary was more and more popular, WEGO became widely adopted and used in many researches. Therefore, we have updated WEGO 2.0 in 2018.
1. The limit of input file numbers was cancelled. Now the users could upload files as many as they want in one operation.
2. We have added the reference data of 9 species for users to choose.
3. Besides the traditional WEGO histogram, WEGO 2.0 outputs an additional type of bar graph showing GO terms with significant gene number differences.
The two types of WEGO outputs shown (Fig 1 & Fig 2) are commonly used in a lot of De novo genome projects [1-4] as well as comparative genome projects [5-6] and De novo transcriptome analysis [7-10].
1. Xia, Q., Zhou, Z., Lu, C., Cheng, D., Dai, F., & Li, B., et al. (2005). Xia q, zhou z, lu c, et al. a draft sequence for the genome of the domesticated silkworm (bombyx mori). science. Science, 306(5703), 1937-1940.
2. Yu, J. Yang H., et al.(2002) A draft sequence of the rice genome (Oryza sativa L. ssp. indica). Science 296(5565), 1937-1942.
3. Xia, Q., Guo, Y., Zhang, Z., Li, D., Xuan, Z., & Li, Z., et al. (2009). Complete resequencing of 40 genomes reveals domestication events and genes in silkworm (bombyx). Science, 326(5951), 433.
4. Wang, L., Tang, N., Gao, X., Chang, Z., Zhang, L., & Zhou, G., et al. (2017). Genome sequence of a rice pest, the white-backed planthopper (sogatella furcifera):. Gigascience, 6(1), 1-9.
5. Li, W., Zhang, L., Ding, Z., Wang, G., Zhang, Y., & Gong, H., et al. (2017). De novo, sequencing and comparative transcriptome analysis of the male and hermaphroditic flowers provide insights into the regulation of flower formation in andromonoecious taihangia rupestris. Bmc Plant Biology,17(1), 54.
6. Krosch, M. N., Bryant, L. M., & Vink, S. (2017). Differential gene expression of australiancricotopus draysoni(diptera: chironomidae) populations reveals seasonal association in detoxification gene regulation:. Scientific Reports, 7(1).
7. Pearce, S. L., Clarke, D. F., East, P. D., Elfekih, S., Gordon, K. H. J., & Jermiin, L. S., et al. (2017). Erratum to: genomic innovations, transcriptional plasticity and gene loss underlying the evolution and divergence of two highly polyphagous and invasive helicoverpa pest species. Bmc Biology, 15(1), 63.
8. Sheng, J., Zheng, X., Wang, J., Zeng, X., Zhou, F., & Jin, S., et al. (2017). Transcriptomics and proteomics reveal genetic and biological basis of superior biomass crop miscanthus. Scientific Reports, 7(1).
9. Wang, Z., Fang, B., Chen, J., Zhang, X., Luo, Z., & Huang, L., et al. (2010). De novo, assembly and characterization of root transcriptome using illumina paired-end sequencing and development of cssr markers in sweetpotato ( ipomoea batatas ). Bmc Genomics, 11(1), 726.
10. Jin, J., Sun, J. B., Park, J. S., Park, Y. K., Arasu, M. V., & Aldhabi, N. A., et al. (2017). De novo transcriptome analysis and glucosinolate profiling in watercress (nasturtium officinale r. br.). Bmc Genomics, 18(1), 401.